In most cases, the construction of our garages will not require obtaining a building permit, only a construction notification in the County Administrator’s Office (“Starostwo Powiatowe”) or in the City Hall.
Our garages have been designed as single-storey, free-standing buildings, whose building area does not exceed 35m2, so in accordance with art. 29 section 1 point 2 of the Construction Law they belong to the group of buildings, the construction of which can be implemented without the need to obtain a decision on building permit.
The procedure for submitting the construction notification or (if necessary) a procedure for obtaining a building permit is described below. The necessity of obtaining the building permit will take place e.g. if the neighbouring plot (plots) will be covered by the so-called impact area/zone, i.e. when our garage will be located closer than 3 m to the wall without windows and doors from the border with the neighbouring plot. In this case, the owner of the neighbouring plot becomes a party in the administrative proceedings.
Each time, regardless of the procedure, the choice of the type of garage should be preceded by an analysis of the provisions concerning the local development plan (so-called “MPZP”) or obtaining a decision on building conditions (so-called “DWZ”). MPZP and DWZ determine what kind of objects we can build on our plot (e.g. garage, commercial building) and what can be the dimensions of these objects (e.g. height or shape of roof slopes: single, double or multi-pitched roofs). We have a wide range of garages so probably regardless of the arrangements contained in the local development plan or the decision on building conditions, one will find a facility that meets certain criteria.
Notification procedure (legal basis: Construction Law, Article 30 paragraph 1 item 1 and paragraph 2):
- Notifications are submitted in the appropriate department at the County Administrator’s Office or at the City Hall (most often at the Faculty of Architecture and Construction)
- In order to submit the notification, you must complete the application form usually available on the website of the c or the City Hall (template attached).
- To the application form you should attach:
- a statement on the right to dispose of the property for construction purposes (the statement is usually available on the website of the County Administrator’s Office or the City Hall – a template attached),
- sketches and drawings along with a description of the garage, which will be provided to you by us after purchasing the garage,
- a copy of the base map with the location of the garage marked. A copy of the map can be downloaded from the geodetic resource at the local Department of Geodesy, and the location should be marked independently describing the dimensions of the garage (length and width) and distance from the boundaries and existing buildings,
- an excerpt and an outline from local development plan or obtaining a decision on building conditions.
- After submitting the notification, the County Administrator’s Office or City Hall has 21 days to consider the notification. If the authorities do not object within 21 days, you can start to build a garage (this is the so-called “tacit agreement of the body”).
Procedure for obtaining a building permit (legal basis: Construction Law, Article 33 (2)):
- It is necessary to commission a situational and altitude map for design purposes to an authorized land surveyor.
- Then one shall go to the project office and commission the authorized designer to prepare a construction project, i.e. make the so-called adaptation of a typical design that you will receive from us after purchasing the garage. The designer will also prepare a plot development plan on maps previously developed by the land surveyor.
- Subsequently, an application for issuing a building permit (model attached) should be submitted, to which one should attach:
- a statement about the right to dispose of the property for construction purposes (a statement is usually available on the website of the County Administrator’s Office or City Hall – a template attached)
- 4 copies of a construction project developed by a local designer (see point 2),
- an excerpt and an outline from the local development plan or a decision on building conditions.
- After submitting the notification, the County Administrator’s Office or City Hall has 65 days to issue a building permit (usually it is about 30 days).
- After receiving the decision on the building permit, it is necessary to register the construction log, appoint a construction manager and report the intention to start construction to the District Building Supervision Inspectorate.
Our garages were designed by a team of people with appropriate building qualifications and years of professional experience which is a guarantee of their durability and safety.